- Business Formation and Business Counseling
- Technology related transactions
- Mergers and Acquisitions; Private Equity, Venture Capital, Banking and Finance Real Estate and Development Transactions
Mr. Carpenter is a lawyer with extensive global legal experience in a wide range of technology, services, and real estate industries. Mr. Carpenter has successfully negotiated hundreds of millions of dollars in equipment leasing transactions and has managed a highly profitable captive-leasing program that originated in excess of $1 billion dollars worth of equipment leases. Mr. Carpenter has successfully completed in excess of 50 technology acquisitions or divestitures; in addition, he has structured, negotiated and closed in excess of 20 technology transfer and development agreements in the US, EU, Korea, Taiwan, China, Brazil and Argentina.
Mr. Carpenter has also successfully represented a wide range of developers and investors in real estate related transactions.
Prior to his private practice Mr. Carpenter served as Sr. Vice President & General Counsel for The Racal Corporation and its multiple subsidiaries in North America. In addition, Mr. Carpenter served as the Sr. Vice President at Racal Datacom, Inc., with complete P&L responsibility for the $280 million per year Solutions and Services business unit. He was instrumental in leading this 750-employee group to achieve record revenue and profit growth.
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, Cum Laude, 1979
- B. A., Brown University, 1975